Who we are
At TOTVS Labs we are building a platform that combines data with AI. We are democratizing access to AI to hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide in several industries, such as Manufacturing, Financial Services, Retail, Health and Education. You can learn more here: www.fluigdata.com.
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual to join us on the journey in building the artificial intelligence of the future. You’ll get to work with a small and global team moving at breakneck speed.
A Data Scientist will
- Design, develop and implement statistical models to carry out various novel aspects of problems related to industries like Manufacturing, Retail, Health and Education.
- Using a combination of judgement and experience, create hypotheses to confront complex Natural Language Processing problems
- Be capable of designing stringent tests of these hypothesis and use results to guide further development towards performance optimization
- Familiar with or eager to learn various advanced statistical techniques to solve different optimization and constraint problems related to automating the coordination of people’s schedules and derivation of implicit and explicit preferences from email-related data
- Be capable of visualizing and communicating data science concepts to other team members, and seek meaningful feedback from them
- PhD in quantitative degree and/or relevant experience
- Strong statistics background, ideally experience with Natural Language Processing techniques; loves building mathematical and probabilistic models and algorithms
- Code experience in a production environment; familiar with data structures, parallelism and concurrency
- Proficiency with R, Python, Java and other languages
- Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that comfortable working in a dynamic environment tackling challenging problems
- Bonus: Experience with Scala, Spark, AWS, and CouchBase; implementation experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
You will be based in Sao Paulo, Brazil but traveling to our TOTVS Labs HQ in Silicon Valley frequently.
Important: If you believe you have what it takes to join us, please complete and submit the Data Challenge along with your application:
Using the given dataset of transactions (notas fiscais eletrônicas) from a restaurant:
1. Parse and extract the data.
2. Identify a pattern on any set of fields that can help predict how much a customer will spend.
3. Calculate a sales forecast for the next week.
We recommend that you spend not more than 5 hours on the challenge.
1. Ability to read/parse a dataset from a file.
2. Understanding of common business data.
3. Basic knowledge of artificial intelligence.
4. Ability to build a model to identify correlations and patterns between fields.
5. Code design
6. Ability to write clear documentation
7. BONUS: Ability to build a forecast model.
1. A link to the github repository.
2. Briefly explain the models that you used/built